Two people died while 10 injured as a result of an electrocution that occurred in Agwan Biri area of Minna, Niger State on Saturday.
It was gathered that the deceased got in contact with home appliances during a power surge and were electrocuted.
Report has it that, the Public Relations Officer of the Niger State Emergency Management Agency, Ibrahim Hussaini, confirmed the incident and said one of the deceased had been buried while other 10 other people injured in the incident were rushed to hospitals, adding that two of them were in critical conditions.
He said, “About 49 houses were affected in the incident which was suspected to have been caused by power surge resulting from contact between a 33KV line and a distribution line in the area.
“We have gone to the area to carry out assessment; and we can also confirm that two persons died.”
The Head, Public Relations and Media, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, Ahmed Shekarau, said the company had sent a fact-finding team to the community to know what happened.
Shekarau added, “We will issue a detailed statement on the unfortunate incident after the report of the fact-finding team.”
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.